Following a report of a Covid 19 positive case on 21/05/21 of a college student, investigations revealed that most students on campus were declared as potential contacts due to the learning environment of mixing and shifting classes.
The index case had moderate symptoms and was admitted at Rujeko isolation facility in Masvingo City for observation and symptomatic treatment. The patient is doing well today. Two very close contacts of the index case were tested on 23/05/21 and one came out positive while the other was negative.
Investigations revealed that the index case had no history of travel outside college campus since schools opened and had no visitors. Mass testing for Covid 19 was done, 363 borders and 5 nonresidents. Of the 16 (14 females and 2 males) who tested positive were asymptomatic except one with a mild sore throat.
Cumulative positive cases for Bondolfi as of 21/05/21 =18 cases (all students)There is no confirmed history of travel to Covid 19 hotspot areas and all those who tested positive (contacts).Measure put in place by the government to control the spread of COVID-19 virus.
1. Bondolfi college has been declared as hotspot for the district hence all the 345 students to be put on quarantine for 14 days.
2. Testing of the remaining 345 students on campus and staff as of 26 May 2021.
3. Visit to facility by District rapid response team on the 26th of May 2021.
4. Two isolation areas established at the college and daily monitoring for symptoms.
5. Regular disinfection of clinic, isolation Centre, Quarantine Centre (hostels ablutions since shared), dining hall.
6. Provision of PPE, disinfectants and other required sundries to be facilitated by DHE.
7. No visitors to be allowed into the campus until the situation is stable unless visit is an emergency authorized by responsible authorities.
8. Continued health education session to those in quarantine and those isolated separately on signs and symptoms of Covid 19 and also hygiene issues.
9. EHTs assigned to conduct case investigation for each positive patient.