By Paul Nyathi |MDC-T spokesperson Obert Gutu who was reported to have quit the party last week after a sensational tweet has made a shocking about turn claiming that he never resigned from the party and his position after all.
Speaking in a Voice Of America run Studio 7 interview on Saturday, Gutu said that media houses failed to understand a Twitter message he published which they presumed meant he was resigning.
“My Tweet was very clear and needed no explanations. I wonder how media houses failed to understand it and make it sound like I was resigning,” said Gutu.
He insisted that he is still the MDC-T spokesperson, even though he was absent at the last party press briefing coordinated by vocal politician Tabitha Khumalo his deputy.
Gutu further reiterated that he was going ahead with his plans to contest the Harare East Constituency seat against the MDC Alliance coalition agreement.
“I am going ahead with my plans to contest the constituency and we are on the ground as we speak,” he said.
The MDC Alliance agreed that the constituency was to be reserved for coalition partner Tendai Biti leader of the People’s Democratic Party.