By Simba Chikanza | Perhaps the strongest sign that 2021 is truly the year of maSports (stuff that’s too good to be true) as poetically told- a total 8 Zimbabweans recorded so far, have made it to top political posts in United Kingdom in the last 12 months.
UK now has 2 mayors who are Zimbabwean, and an MP (Maggie Chapman) last week announced her oath in pure ChiShona. Their ages range from 22 with the oldest being 56 year old. The youngest, Nicolle Moyo last week told ZimEye she hadn’t even graduated when she discovered she has won the polls in the just ended elections.
The full list so far, comprising 6 women and 2 men, is as follows:
- Amanda Tandi, 47 -. Councillor, District Of Knebworth.
- Nicolle Nkazimulo Moyo, 22 – Councillor. Peterborough.
- Lorraine Chirisa, 45 – Councillor, Northampton.
- Tafadzwa Chikoto, 45 – Councillor, Oakley, Corby
- Kate Nicoll, 33. – Mayor: Belfast.
- Alice Mpofu Coles, 56 – Councillor, Whitley, Reading.
- Adam Jogee, 30. – Mayor, Harringey.
- Maggie Chapman, 41, MP for North East Scotland.
Meanwhile, ZimEye is interviewing these winners, one by one and below is a session with 22 year old Councillor Nicolle Moyo VIDEO LOADING BELOW….