By A Correspondent- South Africa’s President Cyril Ramaphosa has reviewed the country’s lockdown measures and increased business operating hours.
The move to alert level 2 was announced on Sunday evening by president Ramaphosa as Cocid-19 infections across South Africa decline and the third wave passes.
Here is the summary of his lockdown review announcement.
- The curfew is adjusted to 11pm to 4am
- All gatherings indoors restricted to 250 people or outdoors to 500 people
- Funerals limited to 50 people
- The sale of alcohol off-site is allowed Monday to Friday between 10am and 6pm
- On-site sales would be allowed from Monday as per licence conditions until 10pm
- The creation of vaccination passports are being investigated