Full Text:World Kidney Day Statement
13 March 2020
By Dr Ellane Simon Zimbabwe Online Health Centre
It’s a global health awareness campaign focusing on the importance of the kidneys and reducing the frequency and impact of kidney disease and it’s associated health problems worldwide.
Kidney diseases are non communicable diseases. The theme is: Kidney health for everyone everywhere – from prevention to detection and equitable access to care.
Tips for a maintaining healthy kidneys:
- Exercise and stay active everyday .
- Check your blood pressure, weight and blood sugar
- Eat healthy. Avoid eating fatty products
- Avoid smoking and excessive drinking.
- Drink plenty of fluids unless instructed by a health professional to limit water intake because of other conditions.
- Avoid use of over the counter medicines for long periods.
- Be aware of family history and get regular check ups if if have positive history of kidney disease.
Compiled by Zimbabwe Online Health Centre
For more information like/ follow our Facebook page:
Zimbabwe Online Health Centre
YouTube :zimbabwe online health centre